I choose to make these with a combination of almond milk and cow milk, but you can use any type of milk you choose so long as it is 1 parts oats, 2 parts liquid. I've also seen some people make this with greek yogurt, but I don't like the "tangy" taste of the greek yogurt with my oatmeal.
I make these in mason jars and I usually make 6 at a time to keep in the fridge during the week for a quick breakfast. They are quick and easy to make, and very yummy and satisfying.
Serving size: 1 person.
- 1 small or 3/4 large ripe banana sliced
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (the kind that takes 5 minutes to cook on the stove)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I like vanilla)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (I like shelled hemp hearts) (optional)
- 1 tsp ground flax (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (you can also use honey)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fruit mix in (I like some combination of strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, but you could make it with anything you heart desires)
Pour all of the ingredients into the mason jar. Shut lid. Shake. Refrigerate over night or up to 5 nights. Enjoy!