This is the tastiest, easiest dinner. My two older kids won't eat it, but my little gobbles it all up! I serve over rice.
1 tablespoon oil
2lbs (approx) mix of bone in and skin on chicken. I've used breasts, thighs, legs, and a combo.
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
3 lemon cut in half
1 cup pitted black olives
1 pint grape tomatoes
handful of thyme (about 8-10 stems)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Pat the chicken breasts dry, make sure they are very dry, and sprinkle the top with the salt.
4. Place the chicken breasts, skin side down, in the heated oil and sear for 5 minutes, or until skin is crisp and golden brown.
5. Flip the chicken over. Add the lemon, olives, tomatoes and thyme to the skillet and transfer to the oven.
6. Roast for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Adapted from: https://weelicious.com/2012/11/09/roast-chicken-with-caramelized-lemons-cherry-tomatoes-and-olives/