SERVES: 16 (1 cookie each) Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 12 min.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
- ¼ tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (I like Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chips - but the Fixate recipe calls for 70% or higher)
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Combine oil and sugar, mix
- Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Add flour mixture to the oil mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Roll into 12-16 balls. You will need to press the dough together so it sticks.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.