Thursday, March 10, 2011
Garlic and Lemon Pan Fried Chicken
Quick, yummy and healthy dinner!
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly smashed
1 lemon, halved
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. romano or parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. chopped rosemary
4 thin chicken breast filet's
1. Heat the oil and garlic in a skillet
2. Once golden brown and soft remove the garlic (about 7 minutes). Keep the oil in the pan.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, rosemary, salt, pepper and zest from half the lemon
4. Press browned garlic
5. Combine egg, lemon juice from 1/2 the lemon, and crushed garlic in a bowl. Whisk.
6. Rinse and dry the chicken
7. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, and then dredge into the breadcrumb mixture.
8. Heat the garlic oil, add the chicken. Cook until done (approx 5 minutes total)
9. Serve with lentils and slices or wedges of the remaining half lemon.