After having our baby, my mother came to stay with us for 9 days to help out. One of the meals she cooked for us while she was here was this Moroccan Chicken. We've enjoyed it so much that we've made it for our company. So easy, and so tasty!!! This one is sure to be on the regular rotation.
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (I often use two – not four)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoons pepper
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 medium zucchini (I often use 2) – chopped in small pieces
1 box of uncooked couscous (I really like the curry couscous)
½ cup raisins (I use more than ½ cup)
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
3. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, about 8 minutes (Don’t overcook)
4. Add zucchini and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
Remove from heat.
5. Prepare couscous according to package directions and stir in raisins before removing covering and removing from heat.
6. Once the couscous is done and the chicken/zucchini mixture is done, stir them together.
7. Serve immediately.