Monday, September 14, 2009

Goat cheese and spinach chicken with fig preserves

When I lived in Brooklyn Heights, Henry's End was one of my and B's favorite restaurants. B always ordered some sort of steak, and I would order their Goat Cheese & Fig Jam Chicken. One day, I decided that the recipe didn't seem so complex - so why spend $18.95 if I could make it at home, so I set out to replicate it. I usually just wing it, but here is an approximation of what I do:

Ingredients
1/3 cup goat cheese
10 oz frozen chopped spinach
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
3 chicken breasts
1 Jar Fig Preserves
milk


Directions
1) In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
2) Pound each chicken breast until thin.
3) Dip each chicken breast in water or milk and then bread crumbs.
4) Evenly divide the spinach and the goat cheese.
5) Place spinach and goat cheese onto each breast.
6) Roll, secure with tooth pick if necessary.
7) Bake at 375° for 35-38 minutes.
8) Serve with fig preserves either by spooning onto the top of each chicken breast, or by placing a large spoon full on plate next to chicken for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment