We went to Marianne & Jacob's Superbowl potluck party last year and Chris brought his legendary meat chili. It's hot, but so good. He didn't have an exact recipe, but we have the ingredient list and just sort of throw things in the pot and cook. Hopefully you can use this list to throw together your own amazing chili.
1.75 pounds ground chuck
1 pound sweet italian sausage
1 pound hot italian sausage
1 package oscar Meyer boiled ham
5 rashers of bacon (crisped
1 real ripe tomato
1 12 oz. can of peeled tomatoes
1 12 oz. can of tomato sauce
3 sliced jalapenos
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans (dark)
1 can of kidney beans (pink)
Flour (for thickening)
Crushed Red Pepper
A tiny bit of Tabasco
1. Brown/prepare the sausage and ground beef. Cook it a little less than you would if you were going to eat it regularly. Add to pot.
2. Crisp the bacon (because it will cook with the sauce). Add to pot.
3. Chop up the veggies. Add to pot.
4. Slice the tomatoes, but do that in the pot, as they'll be peeled and messy.
5. Throw in the beans and cook for a long time on low. The longer it cooks, the more the spices settle in. Refrigeration helps that, too.