This is a swedish recipe from "Hemmets Veckotidning". My MIL Carin made this for us last week and we gobbled it up. Great for leftover lunches and freezing. When I make this I will cheat by using store bought crusts (as reflected below), but you can always make your own if you are so inclined. Carin also lightened up this recipe by substituting the creme fraiche with milk.
3 nine (9) inch pie crusts
2 lb ground beef (800 g)
2 gold onions
1/3 cup crushed tomatoes (1 dl)
3/4 cups white or red wine (2 dl)
1 tbs dried thyme
1/3 lb bacon (half a package) (140 g)
1 cup mushrooms (200 g)
2 peppers (color doesn't matter)
2 cups milk (5 dl)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (300 g)
1. Heat oven to 400
2. Cook pie crust for 10 minutes
3. Brown the beef.
4. Chop the onions and add to browned beef on low heat
5. Add tomato and wine
6. Simmer on low heat
7. Add spices, salt and pepper to taste
8. Slice the mushrooms and chop the bacon into small pieces.
9. Cook, drain, and set aside
10. Beat the eggs and milk. Mix in the cheese.
11. Split the gound beef between the three pie shells
12. Pour egg mixture over ground beef
13. Sprinkle chopped peppers over the egg mixture.
14. Cook for 30-40 minutes (until the egg is cooked through)