This is one of the recipes my sister will actually eat even though she doesn't like her foods mixed together. Another great one for taking leftovers for lunch.
2 pounds lean ground beef
2/3 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic minced
2 pounds peeled potatoes
2 cups peas
4 tablespoon butter
5 medium carrots sliced
1 1/2 cups of beef stock
2-4 tablespoon flour (enough to make a medium thick gravy)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Sauté beef, onion, celery and garlic in a large pan until well done then strain off fat.
2. Boil potatoes until tender (about 20 minutes) then drain. Mash with butter.
3. Blanch carrots (just boil for a few seconds) and add to beef mixture.
4. Make a gravy with beef by whisking in enough flour to thicken.
5. When gravy comes to boil, add gravy to the beef & carrot mixture. Reduce heat & simmer 5 min.
6. Spoon meat mixture into a casserole dish then spoon potatoes on top.
7. Bake 20 minutes at 350 then top with cheese and let sit until cheese melts about 5 minutes.
* adapted from group recipe’s over the top shepards pie