Another family favorite. These cookies have been made by my family every year for as long as I can remember. Tauren has also incorporated these as a regular in her annual cookie party. The best part of her incorporating this into her cookie party is the recipe was already typed up and I just had to copy and paste it onto the website. Score!
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. If mixture is sticky, wet hands with cold water and continue rolling. Place baking sheets in freezer for 30 minutes or until balls are firm.
3. Microwave chips in a glass bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring midway.
4. Pierce each ball with a toothpick and dip into chocolate 3/4 of the way deep, wiping excess chocolate on rim of bowl. Place on waxed paper; repeat with remaining balls. Return undipped buckeyes to freezer for 10 minutes if they get too soft.
5. Chill in fridge for 45 minutes, until set.