2 cups quinoa
4 cups water
Kale - 2-4 stalks
2 tightly packed tablespoons of fresh parsley (not dried)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed) - possible improvements - precook dried beans or look for BPA free cans
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed) - possible improvements ... same as above
1 cucumber - diced
2 tomatoes - seeded and diced
1 1/2 cups of corn (I used frozen)
1 red onion - diced
5 medium carrots. Diced.
avacado - diced
1) Bring 4 cups of water and 2 cups of quinoa to boil. Then simmer for 10-15 minutes (until water is cooked out and quinoa is uncoiled and fluffy). Toss with olive oil. Set aside to cool.
2) drain and rinse black and kidney beans. Pour into bowl. Add corn, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion to bowl.
3) Boil diced carrots until soft, but not mushy. Drain, cool, and add to bowl.
4) clean and destalk kale. Chop up the kale leaves into bite size pieces. Massage with 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Add to bowl.
5) Rinse parlsey. Chop and add to bowl.
6) add cooled quinoa to bowl.
7) Add olive oil and stir until lightly coated.
8) Salt and pepper to taste.
9) Serve with avacado for topping. Don't add the avacado to the bowl because it will get brown fast and make it seem like the salad doesn't stay good for as long.
NOTE: This is a BIG salad. It will stay good in the fridge for almost a week.